HOW TO BUY PROPERTY IN TURKEY
The procedure of buying property in Turkey is very simple:
1. You start with signing the sales contract between the seller and the buyer.
2. If you are a foreigner you'll need to get the TIN (Taxpayer Identification Number). This is necessary to be able to open a bank account and register the property purchase deal.
3. The foreigners need to translate their passports to Turkish and assure it at the notary. This is necessary for the submission of documents to the Cadastral Registry Office. We have an official translator that works at the notary office so we will sort it our for you in few minutes.
4. Submit the documents to Cadastral Registry Office. In front of the officials and in presence of the sworn translator you sign the deed transfer papers. Buyer declares that he got his money in full and sign all necessary documents. The officials describe you what kind of property you are buying, if everything is OK you're putting your signature. From now on the deed transfer is not reversible.
At this point, a full settlement between buyer and seller must be done and all taxes and state duties should be paid.
The procedure of registration normally takes only up to 3-5 working days. In practice, you can receive the document the same day or the next day.
5. You'll receive a message from deed office that your ownership certificate is ready to pick up. After getting permits from the State Registration Chamber you've got your certificate of ownership in the presence of the licensed translator.
6. Now you can transfer your water and electricity subscription to your name. Your real estate agent will help you with these steps and will also register your deal with the municipality.
That's pretty much it.
ENJOY YOUR NEW HOME!